Sunday, September 2, 2018

One-Hundred Blogs and Counting!

Two years ago, I wrote my first blog, Why You Should Wear a CrucifixLast month I published my 100th blog.  Yay!  Here's my celebration post.


For those who like statistics, my most viewed blogs are: Baptism - It's in the News; Mrs. Hartley; The Real Jesus; and OCD and the Lutheran Confessions.  

My personal favorites are those inspired by superheroes:  Wonder Woman; Captain America; and Guardians of the Galaxy

It's scary to put my faith and thoughts "out there" for the world to read.  Part of that fear is in being misunderstood or in hurting someone else's faith.  
Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.  James 3:1
So when I write, I'm forced to be honest before my God.  I can't "use" God's Word to support my agenda, my vendettas, or my ego.
Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the heart.  Proverbs 21:2
I also notice that, the more I'm into God's Word and the more I struggle with my own faith issues, the more I have to say and the more passionate my writing becomes.  
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.  2 Timothy 2:15
For me, the benefit of writing is that I gain a greater understanding of my own sin and weakness, and a greater love and appreciation for Jesus, Who died for my sins, and set me free.
...and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.                  Ephesians 3:19
In the midst of it all, my heart is also softened to love others.

Thanks to everyone who regularly reads, likes, comments, or shares my writing.  Thanks to my pastor for his encouragement and for the standard he sets as a man in God's Word. 
...we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding...Colossians 1:9
And thanks to my family, my husband and sons - they are God's gift to me - for loving me, putting up with me, laughing, and giving me material to write about.
...and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:1-2
But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.  2 Peter 3:18


No comments:

Post a Comment