Tuesday, December 27, 2016

He Knows Our Needs

While praying through the Apostle’s Creed this morning, I started thinking about the enormity of what it means that Jesus “was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.”  He walked among us and knows - He knows the joys and sorrows of life, and the awful consequences of sin in our fallen world.

He knows our hearts, our hurts, even our day-to-day needs.  His recorded miracles include healing people and feeding people, taking care of needs...needs necessitated by sin.

As I sat on the porch, I wondered what Jesus, walking among us as “God in the flesh” would say to me at that moment.  Sarah Young wrote the popular book Jesus Calling in which she journals all the things she believes Jesus tells her while she listens.

But, I didn't go in that directionThese verses, what Jesus actually said, came to mind:

Your Father knows what you need.  Matthew 6:8

Do not be afraid.  Matthew 14:27

I came that [you] may have life.  John 10:10

The Son of Man must suffer many things.  Mark 8:31

It is finished.  John 19:30

Believe in him whom he has sent.  John 6:29

Your sins are forgiven.  Luke 7:48

Take, eat; this is my body.  Matthew 26:26
 
Take my yoke...and you will find rest for your souls.  Matthew 11:29 
My peace I give to you.  John 14:27

I go to prepare a place for you.  John 14:2

Love one another as I have loved you.  John 15:12
 

2 comments:

  1. What does Sarah Young say? Does she make stuff up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She makes it up. I haven't read it, just some reviews and quotes. Most of it is probably consistent with the Bible, however, I'd bet some of it isn't. Anyway, not a good idea to look for a word from Jesus in the way she does.

      Delete