Sunday, February 4, 2018

Which is Right: Evolution or Creation?

Spontaneous generation is an outdated idea that life can develop and grow from something that's not alive.

One summer, our family returned home after a week away and found fruit flies in our kitchen.  These small bugs were flying near some old bananas. 

When I think of spontaneous generation, I remember those bananas and all those fruit flies

The most famous example used to illustrate spontaneous generation is that old meat, left sitting out, produces maggots.  Of course, we now know that bananas don't actually grow fruit flies, and old meat doesn't create maggots.

Over our 20 years of homeschooling, we've studied the Evolution vs Creation debate, from many views, especially from the scientific angle.  We've looked at evidence for both sides, and there's lots of it.  

In the end...I think it all comes down to spontaneous generation.  Evolution is nothing more than spontaneous generation over a long period of time.  

And I don't believe in evolution.
I believe in God the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.

As I sit typing, I'm looking at my son's electric organ that someone constructed from wood and other materials.  I also see hymnals - music and words that many people composed and wrote.  And when Al is playing the organ, I hear that music.


Man, the living creation, is made in the image of his creator, God, and man also creates many things.  Spontaneous generation of life, today known as evolution, just didn't happen - life needs a creator, a God.

And, while certain Christians might believe in some type of evolution, it's the atheists who flock to evolution.  

And that leads to another aspect of the debate:  If there is a God, then I'm somehow accountable to Him; but if evolution is true and there's no god, I'm accountable to no one.

Evolution is attractive because it sounds good and freeing to "do whatever I want" and to create my own meaning for life.  

But, just as the scientific evidence for evolution falls short, the "meaning and fulfillment factor" for evolution is also lacking.

King Solomon was a man who had everything and even wrote:
...whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them.  Ecclesiastes 2:10
But Solomon found that success and material wealth don't provide happiness or meaning.  He calls it all vanity, and concludes that:
...[God] has put eternity into man's heart... Ecclesiastes 3:11
And Solomon is so right. 
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord...Who was crucified, died, and was buried...the third day, He rose again...I believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
God, our creator, is worthy of our devotion, our praise, our love.  

And because of the cross, Jesus takes care of the accountability issue; He brings life and gives meaning to that life. 

God put eternity in our hearts, and evolution can't compete with that.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Kathy,

    It's good to see that you reject Darwinism. Those who openly express their views or points of disagreement usually seem to be treated ungentlemanly and deemed "scientifically illiterate".

    Anyway, I've written an article on the same subject matter:

    https://rationalchristiandiscernment.blogspot.com/2018/06/why-i-reject-darwinism-as-science.html

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jesse, for reading and commenting. The evidence and means to debunk evolution are numerous. But people believe evolution because it's easier for them than to believe God and creation; and science and media tell them to believe evolution. And anyone else must be stupid or uneducated. If you want to read on creation vs evolution science, I'd suggest Dr. Jay Wile's blog - http://blog.drwile.com/ Dr. Wile looks at arguments, both for and against creation and evolution, from a scientific viewpoint.

    ReplyDelete